March 17, 2013

Happy St. Paddy's Day

For PC's birthday, I did some secret knitting and made him two golf club socks in his favourite colours:  green and orange for the Irish flag.  For the green colour, I used Manos del Uruguay silk blend #3204 and for the orange, Noro Cash Iroha #116 Lot E.  I'm not sure that these are available on their websites, but you can get them from other online yarn stores.  I got mine from Wildfiber in Santa Monica.  The pattern I used is from Purl Bee.  There are supposed to be 3 in the set but I haven't got round to knitting the driver yet (the biggest).  I also still need to weave in the ends of first two.  I'm running out of the green yarn, so I will need to buy one more skein and possibly another skein of orange, but I won't know until I start knitting.



See below for more images and link to pattern.






















































































































































4 comments :

  1. This is such a thoughtful gift! Guys are so hard to make gifts for, but this is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true! I love making different types of scarves but I'm told it pulls on guys beards/stubble so I thought this was something different and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, this is the cutest, most original DIY I've seen in a while! Following you on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meeha Meeha! I'm following you too, Bloglovin is great ! Happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips