August 09, 2013

The Weekly Dozen Vol. 3

I recently had a friend in town from the UK, so we spent the last Saturday at The J. Paul Getty Museum.  I'd only ever been there once before (February 2012) and it was raining so it was great to go on a day where is was sunny.

It was a really great way to test out the camera in full daylight.  I mainly took photos of the exterior building and the flowers in the Central Garden.  I'm quite obsessed with trying to photograph bees whenever I can so there are a few of those that you might be able to spot.  I didn't do any touch-ups on these as I felt they didn't really need it.  The hard part just like with the Photo Styling Challenge is being able to see the shot in the viewfinder screen... that is so hard especially when working in broad daylight.  But I'm pretty pleased with these images.  I'd really to go on a course or be able to spend more time with a photography who knows what they are doing. 










On Sunday we went to the Hollywood Bowl to watch Edward Sharpe which was pretty spectacular.  I have been to lots of outdoor festivals back home but more than often not it's raining.  It was really cool to be able to take a picnic, drink a bottle of wine listening to an awesome band whilst the sun is going down.  I tried to have a go at taking some night shots here and just like the day shots, they are pretty hard to get right. 


I was fairly happy with them when I reviewed them on screen... What are your thoughts the images? :)



2 comments :

  1. Love the composition in the last exterior shot of the Getty. I saw Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros back in 2010 and I'm dying to see them again - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the second shot of the building against the sky. I have a hard time getting my camera to not overexpose the sky when I take a photo like that. Do you know what settings you used? ~M.

    http://redesignedbym.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips